This module bypasses the Smartlock anti-theft system used on Ford Falcons from 1991 to 1999.
- Suitable for EB2, ED, EF, EL, XG, XH and very early AU1, as well as all equivalent Fairlane and LTD models
- Suitable for 6cyl and V8 vehicles
- Small physical size – 40x40x15mm
Basic soldering skills are required to cut and join some wires. Detailed printed fitting instructions are included, which walk you through the installation procedure. It is typically installed in the LH kick panel near the ECU, where 3 wires are connected and 1 cut. You may also need to join 2 wires near the BEM (Body Electronics Module) if the starter motor has been disabled by the failed Smartlock system.
The remaining 2 wires can be used to re-enable Smartlock when interfaced with a kill switch or aftermarket immobilizer. Either or both can be used:
- One will activate when 12v is applied
- The other will activate when connected to earth
There is also a 3-wire version available for simple installations that don’t want to re-enable Smartlock.
NOTE: AU Series 1.5 and 2 models (6/1999 onwards) used the updated Smartshield anti-theft system, and will not work with this Smartlock module. See the AU Smartshield Reflashing Service instead.