This module simulates the ECU interface to the variable geometry / VNT turbo driver module – located behind the glovebox on 2005 to 2015 3.0L Diesel KUN26 1KD-FTV Toyota Hilux models.
It allows removal of the VNT turbo stepper motor and driver module when fitting a traditional wastegate style turbo – while keeping the ECU thinking the VNT is still fitted and working correctly.
Fully plug and play and very easy to fit – pop open glovebox, unplug the factory driver module, and plug this in its place.
There is no need to leave the turbo stepper motor connected and it can be completely removed.
There are 2 versions of the factory driver module used (10 pin connector up to 08/2006 or 12 pin connector from 08/2006).
This module works with the later 12 pin models. For early 10 pin models, see this item.
The simulator will communicate with the engine ECU – acting as a fully functional factory driver module. It will prevent the engine ECU logging DTCs such as:
- P0045 – Turbocharger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit Open
- P0046 – Turbocharger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit Range / Performance
- P0047 – Turbocharger Boost Control “A” Circuit Low
- P0048 – Turbocharger Boost Control “A” Circuit High
- P1251 – Turbocharger Overboost Condition (Too High)
- P1264 – VN Turbo Controller Malfunction
- P2563 – Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor “A” Circuit Range/Performance
- P2564 – Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor “A” Circuit Low
- P2565 – Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor “A” Circuit High
- P2588 – Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor “B” Circuit Low
- P2589 – Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor “B” Circuit High
This module is also available directly from HD Automotive, who offer a range of gated turbos for this application.
- With this simulator fitted the factory VNT system will become inoperative. The engine will run poorly unless the VNT is removed and replaced with a traditional wastegate turbo.
- The ECU may still require tuning depending on your application.
- Not compatible with Landcruiser Prado 1KD-FTV vehicles.